In our last lesson, we went over the top 3 reasons why you need to be profiling your buyer to gain leverage that your competitors don’t have. Today, we’ll be discussing the 5 rings of insight that you’ll need to get answers for. Buyer personas should tell you what your buyers think about doing business with you., so let’s explore the five rings of insight:
- Priority Initiatives - What happened to make this buyer search for a solution like yours? These explain why they invested the time to resolve their pains versus be comfortable with the status quo.
- Success Factors - What will change in the buyer’s circumstances when they make this purchase? Knowing these helps us build message and content
- Perceived Barriers - Why wouldn’t the buyer choose your solution? These help us with decisions for targeting, sales enablement, and messaging content.
- Buying Process - What steps will the buyer take to make a decision? This is sometimes called the buyer’s journey, but it must be in context of the decision we want to influence. Knowing this helps with all marketing decisions, ensuring that you’re the company that’s easiest to do business with
- Decision Criteria- What specific aspects of your solution does the buyer weigh to choose you vs. your competitor?
We’ll get into how you can take the first steps toward figuring these insights out in the next video.